So, first things first-OKTOBERFEST! Pictures and videos really don't do it justice, it's truly one of those things you have to experience for yourself. BUT, continuing where I left off...
My cooking class was unreal. As most of you know, I wasn't allowed to touch the stove at home without parental supervision after I set off the smoke alarm while boiling water when I was 13. So, the fact that I made biscotti, and pasta from scratch (yes, scratch) was more than a huge accomplishment. My parents still don't believe me. Anyway, along with those delicious dishes, we also made eggplant parm, which was AMAZING! I don't even like eggplant, but now I have the urge to try and make this recipe the first chance I get.
So blah blah blah, boring things happened and I had school and none of that's really exciting so I'll get to the good stuff. And by good stuff, I mean lots and lots of beer.
The Oktoberfest experience began at 5 last Thursday when Jake and I made our way to Pisa for an overnight stay since we had a 5 AM flight to catch. Long story short, our hotel bed was two twin's pushed together and I swear the mattress was made out of uneven lumps of potato's. Whatever, we slept, and woke up at 5 to trek to the airport. Long story short, we BARELY made our flight (our taxi driver insisted on picking up more people to take to the airport, putting us 20 minutes out of our way and would not listen to my angry english slurs (probably didn't understand them, either).
So we get on the flight, get to the airport, and take this damn bus to Munich (hour and a half, I was so sick of traveling, and I really had a taste for a big fat burrito. Besides the point, but its not like they have chipoltle here).
Finally, we arrive at our hotel and see my friend abby! We couldn't check in right away, so we (of course) went straight to Oktoberfest.
Man, oh man, I can't even tell you. We went to the Houfbrauhaus tent (the same as the famous restaurant) and ended up seeing some of abby's friends who let us sit at their table. We immediately got some Steins and celebrated the German's and their beer. We made several friends at our table, including more americans, and man from australia, and my new best friend John from Austria, who was dressed in traditional liederhosen and excitedly expressed his love for Las Vegas while showing his calling cards (complete with pictures of naked women) to anyone who would listen.
My internet is running out so I have to stop here, but the good news is I figured out how to put up pictures and THEY WILL BE HERE BY THE END OF THE NIGHT!
TSCHUSS (I am in Germany, afterall)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment