Wednesday, September 30, 2009

PARLA INGLESE? Please?

Hello friends and family!

Yes, I am alive and well and absolutely in love with Siena. Let's see... the next day we checked into our hotel and met everyone else on the program. The hotel, Cannon d'Oro was very interesting, to say the least. Anyway, we checked in and had a brief orientation, and the group (all 12 of us) proceeded to go to dinner at the Piazza del Campo.

The Piazza del Campo is the center of the old town of Siena, and the place where they hold the il palio every year. I may have mentioned it in my last post. Anyway, we had a deelish dinner (I had pizza and proscuitto e melone, so good) with several bottles of wine to kick off the program! After dinner, some of us went back to the hotel to shower and get ready, and started our first night on the town!

First stop was for a drink back in the Piazza, which was beautiful at night. We then made our way over to the Irish Pub (which convienently plays football on Saturdays and Sundays, THANK GOD) and between the alcohol and jet lag, everyone was ready to sleep and get ready for the next morning, which was full of orientation and a walking tour around Siena (not a proper tour, but enough to make us all dead tired. Combined with the night before, we were ready for a nap).

The next morning we took a proper tour of the city, and got to see all the sights such as the San Dominico (cathedral of St. Catherine of Siena), more history about the Piazza, and got to go inside the Duomo (a very large Cathedral).

The best part by far was the Duomo. It was the most breathtaking thing I have ever seen (unfortunately my camera died and I couldn't take pictures of the inside, but I will make my way back in and do that at a later date). The outside by itself was unbelievable, and that I DO have pictures of, and I promise it will not disappoint.

Well, it's now time for my cooking class, so I can't finish, but I will definitely do A LOT more updating since the hotel I am going to tomorrow has internet access (unlike my apartment and slow like the AHA office).

Ciao!
Jordan

I also figured out how to put pictures up, and will also do that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. So far, it seems like every one of your blog posts is about drinking. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete