Sunday, October 4, 2009

PROST!

Continuing with my crazy weekend...

So, the tent was amazing, the beer was amazing, the atmosphere was amazing and while we were leaving Abby paid for 10 dollar nuts (needless to say, none of us cared enough to realize we were being ripped off terribly). So we get back to the hotel, check-in, and promptly passed out for a 4 hour nap. Upon waking in a terribly disoriented state, we realize it is now 8:30 and we are hungry.

So we walk to a Lebanese place by our hotel, and hot damn did we have a good meal. It was so fresh and delicious and the best part was that IT WAS NOT PASTA OR A PANINI I AM SO SICK OF PASTA AND PANINI's.

Ahem. Anyway, our friend Tom also caught up with us, and with a little detective work by Jake we found out they had hookah (although what Lebanese place wouldn't?). After a little of that, we were all filled with food and tired, and went back to the room to sleep, but not before we found out that Chicago didn't get the Olympics. I mean, seriously, what is up with that? Doesn't Rio have the World Cup in like 2014?

Well, the next morning Tom awakes early to get to the beer tents, but we slept in and ended up wandering around the city center and eating at the Rathskeller. By the time we got to Oktoberfest they weren't even letting anyone into the tents, so we went to the original Haufbrohaus in the city center. And man, it was like Oktoberfest all over again. So we had some more beer and some really really really good sausage. At this point, we also became concerned for Tom's well being because it had been about 12 hours since we last saw him.

We then had some starbucks (they do not have them in Italy!!!!!!!) and took the U-bahn (I love the efficiency of German... everything. I guess something good came from WWII) back to our hotel. It is now 8:00 and still no Tom. We decide to go get drinks at a bar down the street, and after a half hour Jake decides he doesn't feel goo and goes back. Well, ten minutes later he returns with the lost boy! Tom quickly fills us in, and it turns our he had quite the out of mind experience on the U-bahn (you know, came directly from drinking since 9:30 and rode the wrong train for a while). Regardless, he was back to us in one piece and we celebrated with, yes, some more beer.

Sadly, the fun eneded as Jake and I had a 8 AM flight this morning. But, the day ended well as I am typing this to you all from the Irish bar in Siena where I enjoyed my evening with a Cider, free appetizers and some NFL football. I will now be doing this every Sunday.

Well, I am quite tired and Jake wants gelato (SO GOOD), but I promise to record any other exciting adventures I may have.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment