So, first and foremost I finally got to eat things other than friggin pasta. These included Mexican and... SUSHI!
So, anyway, when my dad was here we got to go Venice and Milan. Venice was a group tip that was scheduled by the school, but he got to tag along on all our exciting adventures. Venice was pretty, and it was neat to finally get there but to me it was nothing particularly special. Dad, Jake and I had a fantastic meal on Friday night, though, probably one of the first "gourmet" meals I have had since being here, full of tuna tartar and rabbit and lamb. We also got to sample a delicious plate of italian cheeses, which may have well been the best part of the meal.
The next day we were on our way to Milan! Dad had to catch an early flight out of there the next morning, so Jake and I decided to tag along. So, first off-I loved Milan. It was so modern and chic but it still had this wonderful old, european city feel to it. So, we just HAPPENED to find this really cool sushi place that had sushi on plates going around a conveyor belt and it was just about the coolest thing I have ever seen. Even better than seeing the Spice Girls in concert. I'm pretty sure my excitement level was about the same.
I then proceeded to get lost in the multiple h & m's on the most wonderful pedestrian only shopping street in milan while Jake and Daddy contemplated their manliness and had some caffe'. Glowing with the success of my shopping ( a new shirt and a hot pink dress, WOOT WOOT), my father then informed me that he would not be joining us for dinner as we had originally planned because he wanted to get enough sleep before his flight. I then proceeded to lose it in the middle of Milan and tried to stop myself from crying like a two-year old as is processed that my daddy would soon be leaving (yes, I still cry when my dad leaves and no, I do not care what any of you think, and yes, my daddy felt very badly and gave me lots of big hugs and no, i am not a 5 year old I am just in a foreign country and miss my family a lot. I make up for it by drinking lots of wine). So, we took some more pictures of the fabulous Duomo (and do I mean FABULOUS), and then dad was on his way. Jake and I decided we wanted Mexican, so we found some Mexican as well as about 10 bars that were all decked out for ALL HALLOWS EVE! I completed my night with some margarita's, guacamole and enchilada's and then sipped a bloody mary while watching Italians drunkenly celebrate the silly American holiday. Overall I rate the weekend a 9 on the 1-10 scale.
Tired, if I don't write before Thursday, I hope you all eat a lot of Turkey for me (if they serve me pasta at our group dinner I'm flipping the table).
Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment